I LOVE fruit feasting [not fasting] and have partaken in two since being in Costa Rica. I am planning to begin the month of October with a 10-day fruit feast and the details are below –
- eat raw, high-water, sweet fruits
- drink lots of alkaline and / or spring water
- eat when hungry and stop when satisfied
- avoid ‘botanical fruits’ like tomatoes, zucchini, or squash
- no high fats like nuts, seeds, and avocados
Meal one of October’s 10-day Fruit Feast.
Sapodilla or chikoo (sapote) fruit is high in fiber content, making this fruit very good for digestion.
In addition it has the following benefits:
1. contains important vitamins like Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
2. consumption of sapodilla mixture with a pinch of salt is a recommended home therapy for the cure of constipation.
3. the leaves of the sapodilla fruit can also be used as a medicine for inflammatory diseases.
4. sapodilla gives 5.6 grams per 100 grams of dietary fiber, thus making it an excellent laxative. the fiber extract of Sapodilla also helps to protect the mucous membranes present in the colon from cancer-inducing toxins through binding firmly to them.
5. consumption of Sapodilla fruit benefits in reducing the level of infections. it helps in lessening viral diseases in addition to bacterial infections within the body. it also decreases inflammation caused by swelling and helps to ease pain.
6. an excellent source of minerals such as potassium, copper and iron. also contains foliate and niacin acid – these vitamins and minerals help in making the body powerful and energetic.