Free Friday: What are YOU Reading?
The smell of a book, the feel of the pages, the escape the words bring whether reading fiction or non-fiction is E-VER-Y-THING. Today, I want to share with you a few books that I have read within the last two years (or so) that resonated with me. While, this list could be long I will try to keep it short and sweet.
The first book, The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst, I read about two years ago and it was a tremendous help in reiterating the importance of giving the best of yourself. It is so easy, for example, to say yes to things and people, when we really want to say no. While, on the surface you may seem like a great person because you are fulfilling a request, you are not giving the best of who you are because it is not something you really want to do. Key points from the book are:
1. Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love.
2. Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no.
3. Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom based decision-making process.
4. Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your best yes today.
The Power is Within You by Louise Hay
Aids the reader in discovering all the greatness within. We tend to lose sight of the greater we have inside and this book brings us back through these key points:
1. Learning to listen and trust the inner voice
2. Loving the child within
3. Letting our true feelings out
4. Understanding the responsibility of parenting
5. Releasing our fears about growing older
6. Allowing ourselves to receive prosperity
7. Expressing our creativity
It has been said that The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz, are some of the most challenging, yet rewarding principles to commit to. After reading the book and trying to implement the agreements, I must admit that it does take intentional effort to put them into practice. The agreements are:
1. Be Impeccable with your Word 2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
3. Don’t Make Assumptions
4. Always Do Your Best
Ruiz goes into good detail about these agreements, gives clarity and steps to making the agreements possible in your life.
These are just three books of the many I have read, have you read any of these? What were your thoughts? Is there a book you would recommend? Drop your response in the comments below, I look forward to hearing from you.
***Also, there is still time to vote for my family and I to be experience officers with Cancun.Com. Click here to see our video and vote.